Gluten Free Chicken and Pesto Pasta Bake
by The Batch Lady - https://thebatchlady.com/r/5027/
This is a wonderful easy pasta bake, a great one to pop in the oven when you fancy something comforting!
Nutrition (per serving)
GF macaroni300 g
olive oil1 tablespoon
chicken breasts2 breasts
double cream0.5 cups (120 ml)
milk0.5 cups (120 ml)
cream cheese250 g
cherry tomatoes, halved12 tomatoes
grated cheddar cheese1 cup (140 g)
- First of all you want to get your pasta cooking in a saucepan of boiling water. You want your pasta to cook for 6 minutes so pop a timer on. It will not be fully cooked but don’t worry.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up your chicken into small chunks.
- Add a frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of oil and fry your chicken chunks until cooked through and season well.
- Head back and drain your pasta if not done already. Leave to cool in its colander.
- Once your chicken is cooked, add to a large mixing bowl and then add in the double cream, milk, cream cheese, pesto and chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in the drained pasta, mix well then pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter over the cheese.
Ready to freeze
Once cooled, wrap up well in cling film and foil and place in the freezer.
Ready to cook
Preheat the oven to 180oc and place the frozen pasta bake in the oven for 50 minutes – 1 hour until piping hot. Cover with foil if needed.
I tried this tonight and it was amazing! My 18 month old enjoyed it too! Will definetely get some made for the freezer for easy meals!
That is brilliant to hear, so glad it went down well!
Just ate this and honestly, it’s beyond delish. LOVE IT! Do you need to defrost before cooking?
That is so good to hear! No this pasta bake can be cooked straight from frozen- yipeee!
This sounds lovely. I am trying to eat more healthily and have subbed philly lightest in some of your recipes successfully. My question is can I use half fat Creme fraiche instead of double cream in this and how much would I need. Thanks
I would generally try to avoid half fat dairy products as they don’t freeze very well and tend to split. Hope that helps!
What can I use instead of pesto..?
Pesto is quite essential to this recipe, it would work without but I would add some extra cheese to give it the flavour. Hope that helps!
Hi, any ideas how I could make this dairy free? Would it work with coconut milk?
I have tried this dairy free but my go it is usually oatly cream when making something diary free. Hope that helps!
I’m look to cook this straight away in the oven once freshly prepped for tonight’s dinner. How long should I cook it in the over for? thanks.
It will take around 30-35 minutes from freshly prepared. Enjoy!
Hi, how do I freeze this? In a container/bag?
You can freeze in a bag if you don’t have much space, or just add to an ovenproof dish and freeze ready to go straight into the freezer. Hope that helps!