This is the ultimate seasonal pudding! Cobbler is similar to a crumble but more of a scone like texture. It is so delicious served hot with double cream! This cobbler comes in at 45p per portion so it’s a perfect cheap and filling dessert.
Nutrition (per serving)
caster sugar150 g (0.75 cups)
vanilla extract1 tsp
self raising flour1 cup
butter, softened100 g
caster sugar0.25 cups
- Preheat the oven to 180oc/350oF/gas mark 4.
- Cut your rhubarb into 2 inch cubes and add to a mixing bowl, scatter over the sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice and cornflour and give it all a good mix. Pour into an ovenproof dish and pop in the oven to roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cobbler topping. To a food processor add the flour, butter and caster sugar and whizz until you have breadcrumbs. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water until everything comes together into a rough ball.
- Take the rhubarb out the oven and dollop over the cobbler topping in random lumps.
- Place back into the oven for 25 minutes until golden. Remove once cooked and leave to cool.
Ready to freeze
Leave to cool and wrap well with a lid or tin foil and place in the freezer.
Ready to eat
Remove from the freezer and leave to defrost once defrosted reheat in the oven at 180oc for 15-20 minutes until hot. Cover with tin foil if browning too much. Serve with cream or ice cream