This is the ultimate seasonal pudding! Cobbler is similar to a crumble but more of a scone like texture. It is so delicious served hot with double cream! This cobbler comes in at 45p per portion so it’s a perfect cheap and filling dessert.
Nutrition (per serving)
caster sugar150 g (0.75 cups)
vanilla extract1 tsp
self raising flour1 cup
butter, softened100 g
caster sugar0.25 cups
- Preheat the oven to 180oc/350oF/gas mark 4.
- Cut your rhubarb into 2 inch cubes and add to a mixing bowl, scatter over the sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice and cornflour and give it all a good mix. Pour into an ovenproof dish and pop in the oven to roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cobbler topping. To a food processor add the flour, butter and caster sugar and whizz until you have breadcrumbs. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water until everything comes together into a rough ball.
- Take the rhubarb out the oven and dollop over the cobbler topping in random lumps.
- Place back into the oven for 25 minutes until golden. Remove once cooked and leave to cool.
Ready to freeze
Leave to cool and wrap well with a lid or tin foil and place in the freezer.
Ready to eat
Remove from the freezer and leave to defrost once defrosted reheat in the oven at 180oc for 15-20 minutes until hot. Cover with tin foil if browning too much. Serve with cream or ice cream
Where are the directions on how to cook it? I am only seeing the ingredient list.
Next to the ingredients list there is a button saying method, that will give you all instructions. Enjoy!
just like to say i think your youtube vids are fab.I have subscribed and also come on here .im now a keen batch cooker with all the cost of living stuff and its really helped aswell as deciding what to make..all your recipes and great and easy to adapt for the fussy ones in our family.. Thankyou keep it up
That is great to hear Sarah, thank you!