Meatballs are a brilliant dish to have in the freezer for those busy evenings. Easy and delicious!
Nutrition (per serving)
Lean mince beef500 g
Worcestershire sauce1 tsp
Dried rosemary (or basil)2 tsp
Mix everything in a bowl then divide the mixture in 4, then in 4 again. This should give you similar size meatballs. Put these on a foil lined baking tray and bake at 180°C for about 15 mins.
Ready to freeze
- Once cooled put the meat balls in a sealable freezer bag.
- You can pour over 4 ladles of basic tomato sauce mixture, if you wish to make this a whole meal before freezing.
*Basic tomato sauce recipe can be found in sauces section of this website.
(If you freeze these and they are not in the sauce they may get freezer burn due to their small size).
- Allow to completely cool before sealing each bag and labelling it.
This is a perfect meal to make if you are following my minced beef batch morning planner. Why not batch more with similar ingredients? See my 10 mince meals in 1 hr section.
Ready to Eat
- Defrost in fridge overnight.
- Heat in oven at 180°C for 10-12 mins or pan fry over medium heat until piping hot.
- Serve on top of spaghetti with some grated cheese for that easy midweek meal.
Can you freeze these before you cook them?
Yes just make sure you defrost fully before cooking them. Make sure they are fully cooked through x
Would this work with pork? Thank you
Yes it would! Enjoy