Gluten Free Hot Cross Bun Pudding
The ultimate gluten free easter dessert!
Nutrition (per serving)
soft butter60 g
GF hot cross buns12 buns
apricot jam150 g
double cream720 ml
- Butter the dish that you intend to lay your pudding in.
- Cut your hot cross buns into slices and butter 1/2 the slices and spread the apricot jam on the other 1/2.
- Put these slices upright in your dish, layering 1 butter, 1 jam as you go (as shown in the video).
- In a bowl add the eggs, double cream and milk and using a hand whisk give them a good mix together until all the egg is mixed well.
- Pour the liquid over the bread until all the bread is covered.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes to soak, add the remainder of the liquid until the bread is covered again.
7. Cook at 190°C for 45 minutes.
Ready to freeze
When cool simply cover and label, I usually use cling film to cover this, as it helps stop freezer burn.
Ready to eat
Simply defrost, remove cling film, cover in foil and heat until hot, perfect served with ice-cream.