Gluten Free Fish Chowder
This is a delicious soup served with some crusty gluten free bread and butter
Nutrition (per serving)
vegetable stock1 litre
Frozen onions1 cup (115 g)
GF plain flour1.5 tablespoon
Baby new potatoes500 g
double cream120 ml
Fresh fish pie mix600 g
- If using stock cubes make up your stock now.
- Add your oil to a large pan, once hot add your onions to soften.
- Next add 1.5 heaped tablespoons of flour, this helps thicken the soup.
- Then add your stock into the pan and keep the pan on a high heat.
- Add your chopped new baby potatoes to the stock and allow them to cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once potatoes are cooked turn the heat down to simmering temperature and add the milk, cream, fish and optional Dill (fresh or dried both work).
- Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes (or until you feel the fish is cooked).
Ready to freeze
Allow the chowder to cool and put it in a good quality labelled sealable freezer bag (or soup bag) and add it to your freezer.
Ready to eat
Simply defrost in fridge the night before, then heat in a pan over medium heat until piping hot. This can also be heated in the microwave, until piping hot.