by The Batch Lady - https://thebatchlady.com/r/4870/
Another in my Border Berries series, this is a brilliant elderflower cordial recipe. Great for the summer months. This recipe makes around 2 litres
Nutrition (per serving)
elderflower heads40 piece
granulated sugar1 kg
citric acid50 g
- Put the sugar and water in a large pan on a medium heat, stir to dissolve fully.
- Bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients, submerging the flowers.
- Leave overnight in a cool place, either in your pan or pour into another container.
- Strain through a sieve (or a fine muslin if you want totally clear cordial).
- Allow to cool then bag and freeze to use all year.
- Once defrosted, store cordial in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.